Monday 20 September 2021

Quick Write - Story Starters: Can Anyone Hear...

Kia Ora! Today I will be sharing my Quickwrite with you. I used the Story Starter, "Can Anyone Hear..." for my Quickwrite. This Quickwrite is also based of of the series: Wings of fire: The Dragonet Prophecy. I hope you enjoy it, and happy reading!


“Can anyone hear that?” Sunny shivered as Starflight walked by. “It’s OK, Sunny, It’s just Tsunami rummaging for some scrolls.” “Some interesting scrolls!” Tsunami added. “Anyway,” Starflight continued, “We should study some more tonight. I feel that you guys haven’t been reading as much as me.” “Well, obviously! I’ve been eating leftover cows from dinner all night!” Clay spat raw chewed - up mince all around the room while trying to speak. “Yuck, Clay!” Sunny laughed. “Fine. As long as I get to choose. OK?” Tsunami snapped. “Yes, yes. Just not the SandWing princesses.” Glory whispered, apparently not quiet enough. “Oooooooh! Great idea, Glory!” Tsunami yelled. “Oh, Splendid.” Glory mumbled.



“I would obviously be the best queen, but since you are a real SandWing Sunny, you can be Queen Oasis.” Tsunami said. “Yay!” Sunny exclaimed while Tsunami carried on. “Glory, you can be Blister, the smart one. I’ll be Burn, the strong one, and Starflight, you can be Blaze. The prettiest one.” Tsunami chuckled. “But, I was Blaze last time!” Starflight yelped. “Stop complaining! Oh, and Clay, you’re the angry Scavenger.

The Acting Out

“La, De, Da, De, Da. I’m Queen Oasis and I do Queeny things and stuff.” Sunny said.

“Don’t forget the treasure!” Tsunami whispered

“Oh, yea. I have lots of treasure, and that’s what makes me so Queeny!” Sunny added.

“Did someone say treasure?” Clay said.

“EEEAAAKKK!” Sunny cried in fear.

“You’re not supposed to be scared!” Tsunami interfered.

“R-Right. Rar! What is this scavenger doing in my kingdom of sand? I will eat him in one bite!”

“Squeak, squeak, and other annoying scavenger noises!” Clay squealed. “Take that, I mean, SQUEAK!”

“Impossible! How could a lousy scavenger like this defeat me! Oh, my kingdom will fall, oh, my treasure!” Sunny complained.

“Squeak, squeak! All this treasure is mine now! Ha!” Clay announced.

“Oh, no! Our mother is dead!” Tsunami yelped.

“And none of us killed her, oh what shall we do?” Glory questioned.

“I, Blister was about to challenge her, I should be queen!” 

“I, Burn am the biggest and strongest, I should be queen!” Tsunami said

I, Blaze am the youngest and will live the longest reign, I should be queen!” Starflight commanded.

“Aaannnddd…” Tsunami confessed.

“I am also by far the prettiest.”

“Ha, ha, ha!”


Thank you for reading my Blog, I hope you enjoyed it!


-Kale'a 🐈

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kale'a,
    your blog was really funny!! I think, maybe next time you could reread it a bit more carefully, and get somebody else to read it before you publish. Other then a few mistakes, your blog was really good. wish I could write like that, Maybe. I don't like copying off books, exactly. Well done!

    Your friend, Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about