Saturday 28 March 2020

Our New Kittens

Our New Kittens
As I watched cartoons on the TV, mom called me and Gavin into her room.  She said that our landlords (the owners of our house) had actually have cats! I was very inflamed because it i my dream to have cats in New Zealand. We are building our new house right now and it is the last time you can adopt pets at the SPCA because of the lockdown from coronavirus.
I was extremely excited to hear this extraordinary news.


At The SPCA
We drove through the curvy roads and finally we got to the SPCA. Dad, Gavin and I walked through the stinky door into the SPCA. We saw all of the cute, little cats meowing and sticking their paws through the wired doors. Dad chose the cage with all the female tabbies in it. Dad slowly opened the door so none of the kittens could escape and we scurried into the smelly room with the small kitties.



Choosing The Right Cats
My skinny, long, legs shook as we tiptoed  on the slippery floor. The soft fur of the kitties felt amazing. Coralie, our landlord said that she only wanted two furry friends in our rental house though, so we could only take two. I loved the one that rubbed my legs like crazy
(you will see the new names of the new kitties at the end of the blog*).



Adopting The Felines
Dad called mom saying we had to choose quickly because they were going very fast and we would get kicked out.  We chose one playful, and one gentle. Dad got a form and filled it in while Gavin went to get mom. They switched and Dad went back to work. The kittens got put into a box and me, Gavin, and Kalen went into a shady spot on their yard. Mom finished the forms and got booklets for information about the new members of the family. We packed up and left the SPCA for the last time.
😊



A Success
My family's new bundles of joy have been behaved, but not always :). Playful, kind, joyful and soft, these young kitties have settled in just fine. I am very grateful to have these kittens and I hope the others that used to be at the SPCA have good homes too.Thank you for reading about my beautiful new kittens.

Yours Sincerely, Kale'a.
* Their new names are Skye and Luna.

Thank You!




Hope You Enjoyed! :D

2 comments:

  1. hi, Ivy here. I like how you did it like a recount and a story at the same time. Your blog reminds me of the time I bought our fluffiest, cutest and our most biggest cat Malfoy! Who is your favorite kitten? 🐈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Ivy. I don't really have a favorite because I do not want to be mean to either of them. Probably Skye when she is in lovey mode :)
      Mahalo, Kale'a

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about