Thursday 18 November 2021

Kapa Haka 2021 - 3, 2, 1... Action!

Kapa Haka was finished. Moana Syndicate had just finished performing their well - practiced Kapa Haka bracket. That included Utaina, Ka Waiata, Aue Rona E, Ka Panapana, Wainui Haka, and Toia Mai Te Waka Nei (In Order). My favorite song out of those six would have to be Ka Panapana. Even though I didn't have the opportunity to lead it, I still enjoyed it very much. 

Matua Canaan, Koka Brodie's partner was the one who recorded us with microphones and recording boxes everywhere! Knowing that the microphones were there helped me in knowing that a LOT of parents and public audiences were going to see it; wanting me to shine brighter even  more.

The performance lasted for about 5 - 10 minutes, and my hands and knees were trembling all the way. In my reflection I think that in projecting your voice and smiling really lights up your performance, especially for me.

Overall, I think that I did a very good job today at Kapa Haka, and I wish I could do it over, and over again.

Thank you for reading my blog, 

Kale'a :)

Below is a picture of me 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about