Tuesday 10 August 2021

Reading Questions - What's Your Favorite Book?

Welcome! Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Kale'a and I will tell you another thing that we have been learning at my school. My teacher Koka Ngaire, assigned our Level Three Reading Workshop to complete a doc on our favorite book. We'd have to choose a novel to answer some questions about the book. Below are the question and answers to my book that I absolutely love, Malkin Moonlight by Emma Cox.

Malkin Moonlight 

By  Emma Cox


Why did you choose this book? I chose this book because it reminded me of my cats at home, and it sounded really entertaining to read and learn more about my favorite animals, my little feline friends.


If this book was a TV show, which actors would you choose for it? I think I'd choose Frank Welker for the main character, Malkin, because he has voiced a lot of cats in the past including Garfield, Tom, and Azrael from The Smurfs. I would also like Dove Cameron as Roux, the second main character who plays Ella from Angry Birds 2.


Where is the book set? Malkin Moonlight is set in all different places but the two main scenes are the Riverbank and the Rubbish Disposal.


If the main character in this story lived next door, would you be friends? If I could adopt Malkin, then I would totally do that. I would always go and walk next door to snuggle with him.


What does the place look like in your head? Would you want to visit there? I would like to visit Roux’s owner’s restaurant, but I wouldn’t like to visit the rubbish disposal.



If you were a character, what would you have done differently in a situation in the story? I think that I would be the little creature trapped in the plastic bottle and I would’ve tried to get myself out before Malkin came to save me.


Why do you think the author wrote this book? I think Emma Cox wrote this to remind others to be kind to anyone, even if you don’t have interest in them.


What new words or facts did you learn?  I learnt what the word ‘silhouette’ meant, and I also learnt some more facts about cats, and how they protect themselves.


Has someone else’s choice made you want to read a different type of book from your usual choice? I wouldn't say that I have read any different books from my liking except for one time when I read one of Ivy and Klara’s books.


Mahalo (Thank You in Hawaiian) for reading another one of my interesting blogs about my learning.
Thanks, Kale'a♡ 
  

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ivy here. Kale'a, I like the way you added at the top of your writing what your Blog is about. It really gives the reader information about what you were learning about and why. Your Blog is excellent; I don't think there is any need to change a thing about it. Who do you think would enjoy reading this book? I would! Thankyou for reading my comment, bye! 🐲

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about