Friday 7 May 2021

1st Time At Aurora Writing Workshop

Cornelia, Rio, and I jumped onto the bus, nervous to see the people from the other schools. "It's okay, Cornelia." I said to calm her down. We sang 'Glitter' all the way to the Eastwoodhill Arboretum. 


My time at the Eastwoodhill Arboretum was so joyous! First, we played a game called 'Hare in the Whare', if the teacher says "hare", you stand completely still. If they say "whare", with a buddy, you move fast to make a house with both your arms. Then, if they say "hare in the whare", with a buddy, you make the house formation, then grab another person to go into your handmade whare. 


Afterwards, we went for a walk and took breaks along the tracks to write "seeds" down in our notebooks. "Seeds" are words that will grow into "trees" once we write our story. Once, we stopped at a pond to write some words down. Rio got a spot on a tree stump that looked like a queen's chair. Once we'd finished our quick walk, the whole group jogged back to the cabin hut, where we had lunch.


Lunch was great! The teachers offered us a delicious feast; asparagus rolls (pretty much asparagus wrapped in bread), egg and ham pie, sandwiches, and strawberry and cream donuts. Cornelia and I each had one egg and ham pie square, then we split our last slice (I think I might've had another one...).


After lunch, we went down to the playground. Here, Cornelia, Rio, some friends from other schools, and I went swinging on the leather hammock. We were swinging it so hard, that it went on it's side like you were lying on a wall!

My time at the Eastwoodhill Arboretum was up. I am really glad that I went and I got to meet tons of other people. I can't wait for the next session at the Holy Trinity Church Hall.


Mahalo, Kale'a🐈

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kale'a, I really enjoyed read your blog it really lighted up my day. It was very will edited and I can see you put lots of hard work into it. From Bramm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Kale'a,I really liked how you said where you were and who you were with. Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about