Tuesday 19 October 2021

Artist Study 2021 - Pete Cromer Collage

Kia Ora! My blog this week is about a new activity my school syndicate (Moana Syndicate) just started to host in Term 4, and it is called Moana Artist Study. In the earlier Term, Term 3, the whole syndicate had to vote from 4 Artists and what Artist they wanted to learn and create a piece of art using their style. The choices were:

  • Pete Cromer - An Australian Artist who create pieces of art from native Australian animals
  • Heather Galler - Creates Colorful landscapes using shapes including spirals, triangles, etc.
  • Invader - A pixel Artist who uses squares to create 2D pieces of art; Retro.
  • Diana Adams - Realistic Landscapes, gets inspiration from her surroundings.

We had to choose our 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice, and our 4th choice. I got into Koka Ngaire's group, which was Pete Cromer (My first choice) and my three friends Klara, Cornelia, and Maggie also got in. 

First, we talked about how Pete Cromer creates art in general, and where you can find it. Koka Ngaire also streamed a video for us to watch and get inspiration ourselves. Since Pete Cromer uses native animals as ideas, we wrote down all the native animals in New Zealand. Koka Ngaire told us to research our top two choices, paste 8 photos of each animal one two slides, and then decide on our final animal.


I chose the Tuatara (My first choice), and the Piwakawaka/Kākā (My second choice). I can not wait for the next session tomorrow!


I hope you enjoy my weekly blogs.

-Kale'a ♡ ☆

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kale'a, Ivy here.
    Kale'a, I like how you added a little explanation paragraph at the beginning of your post. It really gives the reader (in this case, me) an idea on what your blog topic will be about. In the Moana Artist Study, I got into Invader; the pixelized one.
    If you didn't get into Pete Cromer, which artist would you hope to study?

    -Ivy🐉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ivy!
    I think I would've been happy to study Heather Galler as my second choice. I just realised in my blog when I re - read it again, I spelt Pete Cromer as 'Peter Cromer'.
    Oops!

    Thank you for your comment!
    -Kale'a 🐱

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about