Tuesday 24 August 2021

šŸ  Lockdown 2.0! Staying Home Once Again...

 Good Morning my fellow blog readers! Today, I will be talking about, drumroll please...  ...  another lockdown! As you all know (hopefully you all know), that there is a Covid - 19 pandemic around the globe. Since the time when it first started in May 2020, New Zealand has been keeping the ice in the freezer. Until Delta opened the freezer and put all the ice in the microwave, set it to 30 seconds, and then opening the microwave door, so that all the water starts to spill all over the 5 million people of New Zealand. 


Now that Delta has had an outbreak, the schools of Aotearoa are back in the pit of digital learning. My class, MLH  (Moana Learning Hub), have been doing Google Meets for our learning groups called Workshops. Our Workshops include Reading, Writing, Math, and Strand Math; I am in L3+ Reading, L3 Writing, L3+ Maths, and L3 Strand Math. Our whole class also do set of arrangements called 'Priorities'. These include:

  • 2 Quickwrites (A story of about 3 paragraphs)
  • 4 Math Whizz progressions/gems (Math Whizz is a site made by Whizz Education)
  • 1 Blog (This is my blog for the week!
And... 
  • 1 Blog Comment to your Blogging Buddy (Your Blogging Buddy is a randomly chosen student in the class that comment on each other's blog)
In Lockdown, we do one more Priority, StepsWeb (StepsWeb is a word work site used to help kids with their vocabulary). Usually, I get my Priorities done to a high standard at the end of the week on Thursday; I have a LOT of workshops. 


Working at home with my family is really fun, well, most of the time. My brother has a Google Meet everyday at the same exact time, in the morning, so when somebody is trying to do their work, hint hint, me, I can barely get anything done because my brother is yapping away at his friends. Yaaaay.
This Lockdown we have a schedule for when our workshop meets are. On Monday, it's Math, on Tuesday, it's Writing, on Wednesday, it's Reading, on Thursday, it's Math again, then Writing again on Friday. Each block is a different workshop, and there is a lunch break, and a couple of priority breaks. Lots of kids work after school hours, which is pretty good choice, saying that there is a lot going on during the day. 

That is all I have to say about our new Lockdown 2.0, I hope you enjoyed it, and have a great rest of your day, without any family members annoying you during this distressed Lockdown.

Your weekly Blogger, Kale'ašŸ±

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about