Thursday 27 February 2020

My First Swimming Sports

                                                    Swimming Sports 2020
Not gonna skip school this time! This was the only time I ever did Swimming sports the whole entire time I have been at Wainui Beach School. We got to Enterprize the swimming place we did it at. I was zooming through the warm heated water as I did my freestyle. As I touched the end wall, I expeditiously turned around and started to charge my breath to swim back to the other end. I came...      second!  I was so excited when I got the yellow popsicle stick. I climbed out of the Enterprize pool and got my warm, dry towel. I sat down until backstroke and freestyle was finished.





Waiting and waiting, it was finished.  I was all set to go to do my breaststroke. I took my towel off and got ready for Koka Ngiare called my name. " Kale'a...    "  There it was. I wiped my foggy goggles and went to my lane. " Get set, BEEP!" I jumped into the pool and raced to the end. I saw my dad cheering me on as I glided through the water. " Go Kale'a!" He called. I got to the end just as I saw my classmate Ella gaining up on me. I was so proud of myself that I got second again. I knew I wouldn't come first but that didn't matter. All that mattered to me was that I got a placing. I got into the finals but came last in both of those. There were fast people in that group. I was so proud of myself. Thank you for reading.


I look forward to seeing you reading my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about