Tuesday 26 November 2019

Turanganui Cultural Festival

Kapa Haka Ngahau
My patterned kaka ( swayed as I carefully walked up the wobbly stairs.
Everyone cheered gracefully when Nui  got into their places. "Tu Mai Ra... " Hunter sang as my legs slightly shaked.  Utaina was my favorite song in the kapa haka bracket. Ka pioioi e tohu aroha haukainga. Kiss, i aue hi!  Puri anei was the next song. That was when we got our poi out. The first and second rows went down on their knees in the first line.

Walking Off The Atamira
As we walked off the stage, I felt very proud of doing the festival. It was the first time
i'd ever performed on that stage. It was very fun. I knew when I walked off the stage I  know I would want to do it again.




Seeing Whanau
When we came outside and my Mom and Dad were there. I gave them a big hug and my Mom said, " You did so well Kale'a!" I almost started crying because of how proud I was. I was so happy that I took the choice to do it. After, we went on the bus back to and had a good rest of the day.
By Kale'a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about